This Alexandria Resident Chose Grout Restoration Over Remodeling, and It Saved Her a Fortune
August 08, 2015
It's always scary when your grout becomes very deteriorated. Recently, Alice Wellington, an Alexandria resident, wanted to renew the look of her shower. She was concerned about making the costly decision of renovating the bathroom if re-grouting the tiles in her shower would not work. She decided to find a local Alexandria grout cleaning
service, and found herself reading reviews for Sir Grout of Washington, DC. A highly recommended company, she booked an appointment.
It was a good thing she called – the state of her grout was so severe that mold and mildew were becoming a problem. Over time, failed caulking, poor sealing, and missed grout can cause the tile and grout in your bathroom to fail, which can result in water damage. When mold and mildew damage become very severe, cleaning the surface of your grout may only be a temporary fix to the problem because the mold will just grow back. The only cost-effective solution to this problem is to completely get rid of the old grout and have the tile re-grouted. Re-grouting would save Alice from having to spend thousands of dollars on remodeling their bathroom. When leaks are spotted, many homeowners typically feel that it is an issue with their plumbing, but most of the time, leakage can be a result of failed caulking and missing grout. Poor sealing such as the existence of tiny cracks and holes can also create major issues in your bathroom. If she had ignored her leakage problems too long, they will eventually have to consider the process of remodeling their bathroom. Ignoring leakage problems can cause aging tiles to crack and fall, the wallboard behind the tiles to become rotted out, and mold growth to spread.
The experts at Sir Grout of Washington D.C. are not only confident in their ability to deliver beautiful results, but they also take pride in only using the highest quality products such as StainMaster epoxy grout. When Alice's husband came home from a trip, the couple was amazed at the work performed by Sir Grout. Top brands like StainMaster offered the homeowners the greatest advantages, including the process of ensuring the longevity of their grout because the product is stain resistant and waterproof. It also makes it easier for homeowners to maintain and clean their grout, and the product comes in a variety of colors that are fade resistant, mold and mildew resistant, and stain resistant, so it can be used to match almost any grout color. Sir Grout's professional re-grouting service also impressed Mr. and Mrs. Wellington when their shower appeared brand new as the day the tiles were first installed. The tiles and grout were resealed, and the caulking was done correctly. By not remodeling the bathroom, the option of re-grouting saved the couple thousands of dollars.
Sir Grout suggests several ways to clean the tiles and grout lines in your shower:
- Use a pH-neutral soap-less cleaners rather than soap-based cleaners to prevent the surface of your tile from looking dull as a result of filmy soap residue left behind.
- After cleaning your bathroom, use a dry cloth or towel to remove any soap residue and dirty water to prevent extra moisture from seeping into the grout that can create a breeding ground for stain-causing mildew and mold.
- To prevent your tile from becoming damaged and grout from discoloring, avoid using acid or ammonia-based cleaners.
- Despite stubborn stains in your shower that traditional cleaners may not be able to remove, avoid using abrasive materials such as steel wool because it can dull and damage the surface of your tile.
- Ensure that your shower stall or tub enclosure is well-ventilated to prevent moisture from collecting in certain areas of the room.
If you are thinking about ways to improve the appearance of the bathroom, but the option of remodeling a bathroom is not one of your top priorities of home improvement projects, Sir Grout of Washington D.C. is here to help. Fill out the form below to contact Sir Grout of Washington D.C. for a free evaluation today!